General Progression of a Case
Case progression can vary depending upon the nature of the violation or a number of variables.
- A complaint is received by the Department.
- An inspection is performed to verify that a violation exists on the property.
- The property owner is notified that a violation(s) exist and is given a reasonable period of time to correct the violation(s).
- A follow up inspection is performed to verify the violation(s) has been corrected.
- If compliance cannot be achieved through normal channels, the City may abate the nuisance and charge the costs associated to the property owner.
For additional information, please contact Code Enforcement at (605) 692-6629.