Election Candidate packets will be available January 18, 2023.
Qualifications to file for the office of City Council member:
- Registered voter of the City of Brookings
- Resided within Brookings city limits for at least three months immediately prior to the election
- File petitions signed by 50 registered voters
- Municipal offices are non-partisan
Election day: April 11, 2023
Earliest day to circulate/file petitions: January 27, 2023
Petition filing deadline: February 24, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
Take office: first regular City Council Meeting in May
Two Council Members (3-year terms)
- City Council Member: currently held by Joey Collins
- City Council Member: currently held by Brianna Doran
City Election Sign Ordinance Regulations (PDF)
How to Circulate a Municipal Petition