Controlled Burns


Many times we get calls for controlled burns. If you are planning a controlled burn there are a few things to know.

  • Call (605) 692-2113 and notify them you are having a controlled burn. You must inform them of when you start and also notify them when you are done. This protects you so if you do have a fire, they don't assume it is your controlled burn and don't respond.
  • If there is a burn ban in place, no burning is allowed without a permit from the Fire Department.

Contact Information

For more information, please contact the Fire Department by calling (605) 692-6323.