About the School Resource Officer
The Brookings Police Department has two school resource officers that serve the Brookings public schools. These officers are assigned to the public schools during the school year and work a regular patrol shift during the summer. The school resource officers are administered under the Criminal Investigative Division.
The school resource officers work closely with administration, staff, students and parents to handle a variety of issues that arise on school campuses.
The school resource officers are responsible for:
- Educating staff and students about crime prevention
- Implementing other programs within the schools as necessary
- Investigating criminal activity
- Managing traffic accidents
- Patrolling school campuses
For additional information, contact the Brookings Police Department at (605) 692-2113.