- City Manager
- Apply for City Funding
Apply for City Funding
The Brookings City Council evaluates program-funding proposals on an annual basis for funding in the following fiscal year. The City’s fiscal year aligns with the calendar year. All proposals must be submitted in accordance with the City’s budget cycle schedule and proposal format outlined in the applications below. Please note: Requests may be made only during this period of time. Mid-year funding requests will not be considered. The completed application and other required documents must be submitted to the City Manager’s Office on or before June 1, 2023.
Funding decisions are made by taking into consideration:
- The ability of an applicant to provide a service or outcome that improves the quality of life for citizens of Brookings.
- The applicant providing a “but for” analysis, which demonstrates the need for public assistance.
- The applicant’s ability to become self-sustaining.
- The duration of the funding commitment.
- Operating versus capital requests.
2024 City Funding Press Release (PDF)
Apply Electronically (Preferred)
Fill out your application online and sign it electronically.
- Digital Application for City Funding (Link)
Apply by Mail or In Person
Download a pdf of the form (see link below) to out and deliver it in person, or mail it to the following address:
City Manager’s Office
Brookings City & County Government Center
520 Third Street, Suite 230
Brookings, SD 57006
Apply by Email
Fill out the form (link below) and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download Application for City Funding (PDF)
NOTE: SOCIAL & HUMAN SERVICES OUTSIDE AGENCY FUNDING
In 2021, the City established a partnership with the Brookings Area United Way for social and human services outside agency funding. Organizations that wish to request both City of Brookings and United Way funds will be able to request funds from both entities through the United Way application process, which will occur in November. Economic Development and other funding requests that are not related to social and human services should submit funding requests directly to the City by the June 1 deadline.