COVID-19: Brookings County
UPDATED: April 27, 2022
The South Dakota Department of Health COVID-19 page is updated weekly and has confirmed:
- Total Cases: 8,133
- Active Cases: 28
- Recovered Individuals: 8,053
- Spread Category: low based on CDC, High based on SDDOH dashboard
COVID-19: Brookings Epidemiology Updates Video
UPDATED: April 06, 2022
Video Slides UPDATED: April 06, 2022
Ask An Epidemiologist! Have a suggestion for a topic or a question you would like answered? Email us at email@example.com
COVID-19: Local, Regional, and National Weekly Summary
UPDATED: May 04, 2022
Brookings County (low community level based on CDC and high based on SDDOH [% test positivity = 13%])
- 8,133 total cases: 15 new cases this week vs. 16 in the previous week.
- 222 Brookings County residents have been hospitalized with COVID: 0 new hospitalizations posted this past week compared to 0 in the previous week. Currently, the percentage of staffed beds that are COVID-occupied in the Sioux Empire region is 2.6%.
- 52 Brookings County residents have died of COVID: 0 deaths were reported this past week compared to 0 deaths in the previous week.
- 54% of Brookings County residents have received the full vaccine series, and 25% have received a booster or third shot.
South Dakota (low community level based on CDC definition)
- 238,185 cases: 373 new cases this week vs. 277 in the previous week. Of the new cases this past week:
- 14% were under 20 years of age (vs. 18% in previous week)
- 29% were 20-39 years (vs. 25% in previous week)
- 24% were 40-59 years (vs. 26% in previous week)
- 33% were 60 years or older (vs. 31% in previous week)
- 10,763 South Dakota residents have been admitted to in-state hospitals with COVID: 18 were admitted to in-state hospitals this week vs. 18last week. Of the new hospital admissions this past week:
- 11% were under 20 years of age (vs. 0% in previous week)
- 17% were 20-39 years (vs. 11% in previous week)
- 5% were 40-59 years (vs. 0% in previous week)
- 67% were 60 years or older (vs. 89% in previous week)
- 25 people currently hospitalized vs. 38 hospitalized last Wednesday (3 currently in the ICU vs. 3 last week). Currently, the percentage of staffed beds statewide that are COVID-occupied is 1.1%.
- 2,915 South Dakotans have died from COVID: 3 deaths were reported this week vs. 11 in the previous week. Of those who died this past week: all were 60 years of age & older.
- 54% of South Dakota residents have received the full vaccine series, and 25% have received a booster or third shot.
- 83.24 million cases: 450,385 new cases this week vs. 373,029 in the previous week
- 1,021,581 total deaths: 2,573 deaths this week vs. 2,849 in the previous week
- 514.5 million cases: 3.8 million cases this week vs. 4.8 million in the previous week
- 6.26 million deaths: 16,999 deaths this week vs. 20,733 in the previous week
COVID-19: Weekly Data
UPDATED: May 04, 2022
Source: Bonny Specker, Ph. D., South Dakota State University, Division of Research and Economic Development
DOWNLOAD WEEKLY DATA PDF HERE >
COVID-19 questions or concerns? Connect with us directly using Engage Brookings. Visit the website (www.EngageBrookings.com) or download the app on your mobile device.
The City of Brookings has compiled safety information and helpful resources to help you navigate these challenging times.