The City of Brookings wants to ensure voters know they can request early/absentee ballots be mailed to them for the April 12th Combined Brookings Municipal / Brookings School Board Election.
In order to receive the early/absentee ballot by mail, one must follow these steps:
- Download and print the Absentee Ballot Application from one of the following websites: www.sdsos.gov or www.cityofbrookings-sd.gov
- Return the original, signed application to the County Finance Office, or the City Clerk’s Office at the Brookings City & County Government Center, 520 3rd Street. Email copies cannot be accepted.
- The application must either be notarized; OR
- Include a copy of an approved form of photo identification. Approved forms consist of any of the following: SD driver’s license, non-driver ID card, passport or other picture ID issued by the US Government, tribal photo ID, or a photo ID by a SD post-secondary education institution.
- Vote your ballot when it arrives by mail and return in the provided envelope as soon as possible. Be sure to place postage on the envelope.
Absentee voted ballots must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 11, 2022.
For more information, please contact Bonnie Foster, City Clerk at (605) 697-8641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. City Clerk’s Office mailing address: 520 3rd Street, Suite 230, Brookings, SD 57006.